On-Call firefighter recruitment
We’re always keen to hear from those interested in becoming an RDS (On-Call) Firefighter.
If you would like to formally register your interest, access the online registration portal.
You can choose to complete the Online Registration in either Welsh or English.
You will need an active email account to complete the registration process.
During the Online Registration process you will be asked to provide your personal details and to complete a Realistic Job Preview which allows you to self-asses your suitability for the role – the results of this are private and for your reference and consideration only.
If you choose to proceed, you will then be asked to answer some basic questions to ensure that you are eligible to apply.
The eligibility assessment will identify:-
- Whether you are over the age of 18
- Whether you have the right to work in the UK (You will need a National Insurance Number to confirm this)
- Whether you have any unspent convictions that may act as a bar from working as a Firefighter (You are not required to declare ‘spent’ convictions, but all ‘unspent’ and pending convictions must be declared; failure to do so will result in your application being withdrawn. The Rehabilitation of Offenders act 1974 and Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006 will be strictly adhered to)
- Whether you are able to respond to a fire station within a satisfactory response time
- Whether your availability meets the needs of the fire station you are applying to
- Whether the fire station you are applying to has current vacancies
Once you have completed the eligibility assessment, you will be e mailed with information regarding the next steps for you within the process.