RDS Open Evenings– Come along to your local station!Posted
Fire stations across the region are holding open evenings for potential firefighters as part of thelatest recruitment campaign for Retained Duty System (RDS) firefighters.
Ruth Simmons, Assistant Chief Fire Officer, explained: "RDS firefighters provide essential fire and emergency cover for their fire station's area. We are looking for suitable individuals, in particular those available during the day, who can travel to their local fire station within five minutes of being paged for a call out.
"Come along to the open evening in your local fire station to find out more!"
Open Evening Dates
- Monday 14th January - Mold Fire Station (6pm - 9pm)
- Tuesday 15th January -Flint Fire Station (6pm - 9pm)
- Wednesday 16th January - St. Asaph Fire Station (6pm - 9pm)
- Monday 21st January - Porthmadog Fire Station (6pm-9pm)
- Tuesday 22nd January - Blaenau Fire Station (6pm - 9pm)
- Wednesday 23rd January - Ruthin Fire Station (6pm - 9pm)
- Monday 28th January - Conwen Fire Station (6pm - 9pm)
- Tuesday 29th January - Llanrwst Fire Station (6pm - 9pm)
- Wednesday 30th January - Denbigh Fire Station (6pm - 9pm)
- Tuesday 5th February - Cerrigydrudion Fire Station (6pm - 9pm)
- Wednesday 6th February - Amlwch Fire Station - (6pm - 9pm)
For more details and opportunities for a career as a RDS firefighter in stations across North Wales, please visit www.nwales-fireservice.org.uk, or contact North Wales Fire and Rescue Service on 01745 535250 and ask to speak to your local county safety office. All applications must be received by January 21st.
Applicants must be at least 18 years old. They must possess a good standard of physical fitness and have the ability to pass aptitude tests. In addition to their monthly retaining fees, payments are made for turnouts, attendance and drill nights.
Many employers are aware of the essential role that retained fire and rescue service personnel carry out within their local communities and many release staff to carry out firefighting and other emergency duties.