When did you last check your smoke alarm?
During these unprecedented times, every effort being made to continue to undertake our core activity - that includes the provision of advice and home safety interventions to our communities.
We have made some modifications to our advice whereby we will speak with householders over the telephone first, minimising the amount of time we spend on any home visit.
Prior to any visit fire and rescue service staff will make enquiries regarding the current health of the occupants and any self-isolation arrangements that may be in place.
If you live in North Wales, we offer you a FREE smoke alarm and installation service. This home safety check will help to keep you safe from fire.
The FREE safe and well check takes about 20 minutes and will be arranged at your convenience. Fully trained fire and rescue service staff, who always carry an identification card, will;
- Supply and install lifesaving, free home smoke detectors or ensure that your existing alarms are in working order
- Provide advice on how to make your home safe from fire
- Help you prepare an escape plan to assist you and your family in safely making your way out of the property in the event of fire
- Provide specialised equipment for deaf and hard of hearing people
- Assess whether you are at high risk and may benefit from specialist equipment to help keep you safe
All of the above are FREE of charge and you can simply:
- Fill in this online enquiry form
- Call us on 0800 169 1234 at any time of the day or night to register
- Email us using the contact form on the right
- Taking action today really could mean the difference between life and death.
Paul Scott, Senior Fire Safety Manager, said: "We have seen the devastation that fires can cause first hand and know that a few simple precautions could have prevented countless tragedies. Don't let tragedy strike your family - stop the fire from starting in the first place."