Business Fire Safety Apprenticeship
KEEP AN EYE ON OUR LATEST VACANCIES SECTION FOR APPRENTICESHIP OPPORTUNITIES
North Wales Fire and Rescue Service offers a Business Fire Safety Adviser Apprenticeship within its Business Education Team.
Following a two-year programme, this apprentice role offers excellent personal and career development with the opportunity to work towards an accredited Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship qualification in fire safety.
The role of the Business Education team is to provide information and guidance to both business and the commercial sector within North Wales on how to reduce the risk of fire within their premises, as well as to raise awareness of the statutory requirements in relation to fire safety.
The Business Fire Safety Adviser Apprentice will support the Team in working with businesses to help keep their premises safe from fire by offering advice and education to reduce risk to the occupants, with a view to recognising and taking appropriate steps when enforcement action may be required.
The role involves a diverse mix of essential work visiting a wide spectrum of businesses as well as joint visits with other agencies to actively support and promote business safety.
The Business Fire Safety Advisers Apprentice will represent the fire and rescue service and must demonstrate excellent customer service skills to businesses in their community.
- Competencies and skills to be demonstrated
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above.
- An awareness of national and local fire and rescue service core activities and functions.
- A full and valid UK driving licence or the ability to obtain a full and valid driving licence within the probation period.
- The ability to read and write in English at a standard equivalent to key skills level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate ICT ability.
- The ability to successfully complete the Business Fire Safety Adviser training and development programme. This will include the requirement to successfully complete the Level 3 Certificate in Fire Safety and for suitable candidates the Level 4 Certificate in Fire Safety.
- Welsh language speaking skills to level 2 standard - requires that you can: understand the gist of conversations in work, respond to simple job-related requests and requests for factual information, ask simple questions and understand simple responses, express opinions in a limited way as long as the topic is familiar, understand instructions when simple language is used.
The apprenticeship will lead to a nationally recognised qualification in fire safety – either a Level 3 Higher Apprenticeship or suitable candidates will be able to work towards the Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship certificate.